Thursday, February 12, 2009

Push Review

Push

Push is a 'Heroes' type film that involves a special group of very talented people who must find a way to stop the evil government from following through with their evil plans.

According to this film, back during WWII, the Nazis made expieriments on people with slightly hieghtened abilities. From here various "special" people were created. There are Pushers, Movers, Warchers, Bleeders, Spiffs (I think?)...and yeah, feel like you need to take notes yet?? ;)

This film produces a lot of information with not a lot of room to expand. The premise really is quite brilliant, but however much it tried, and believe me, it really did try, it just seemed to have a really hard time of reaching greatness. Infact, it never really made it. It circled around it for a while, but just never really arrived.

This is not to say that I didn't enjoy the film. I actually liked it a lot, it was fun, entertaining, and just what I needed at the day at the movies.

Dakota Fanning was really great as Cassie (a Watcher). I think that girl is way mature beyond her years.

Cris Evans was alright in the film. I kind of feel like anyone could have done his role though, but he fit quite well.

Djimon Hounsou is always great, and he was very fun to watch in the opening scene - I really loved when he coolly walked in with his shades on, haha, awesome! =)

The shots of Hong Kong are amazing - it offers a whole other level of a character. It almost has a Blade Runner feel to the whole thing.

So is Push worth your money? Well...if you're in the mood for super-human people trying to save what they know, then yes, I think you will enjoy this film. I did. It's a good time at the movies. I give it a 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment