Friday, February 13, 2009

Let's Talk Razzi 2009

Aw The Razzi Awards...the perfect way to celebrate all the bad cinema for the past year. And hey, why not? I mean we have countless award shows to acknowledge the best, why not the worst? They have needs to!

Well, it's no surprise to find the following nominees...(although I have to admit that a few of them see a little unnecessary). I will say, though, I'm a little surprised to see Indiana Jones only get one nom...hmm... oh well...=)

The nominees for Worst Picture Include:

Disaster Movie    
The Happening    
The Hottie and the Nottie    
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale    
The Love Guru    
Meet the Spartans

The only film I saw out of those was The Happening. And I wouldn't call that the worst film of 2008.


The nominees for Worst Actor Include:


Larry the Cable Guy, Witless Protection    
Eddie Murphy, Meet Dave    
Mike Myers, The Love Guru    
Al Pacino, 88 Minutes and Righteous Kill    
Mark Wahlberg, The Happening and Max Payne

Only saw the Al Pacino and Mark Wahlberg flicks. I think Mark Wahlberg's films were not the worst performances...but Al Pacino? Look, I love the guy, I mean anyone associated with such films as The Godfather, Heat, and Scarface is alright by me. Although....

The nominees for Worst Actress Include:

Jessica Alba, The Eye and The Love Guru    
The cast of The Women (Annette Bening, Eva Mendes, Debra Messing, Jada Pinkett-Smith and Meg Ryan)    
Cameron Diaz, What Happens in Vegas    
Paris Hilton, The Hottie and the Nottie    
Kate Hudson, Fools' Gold and My Best Friends' Girl

I only saw Fools' Gold out of these. I didn't think Miss Hudson was that bad in it. I do love the nom for the entire cast of The Women...hahaha! I mean really, who saw that movie?! lol :)

The nominees for Worst Supporting Actor Include:

Uwe Boll (as himself), Uwe Boll's Postal    
Pierce Brosnan, Mamma Mia!    
Ben Kingsley, The Love Guru and The Wackness    
Burt Reynolds, Deal and In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale    
Verne Troyer, The Love Guru and Uwe Boll's Postal

Aw, I love Ben Kingsly...although I did not see either of his films nominated. Wasn't the Wackness supposed to be good though? I actually wanted to see it. I understand Pierce Brosnan's nom, but I definitely do not think he was the worst. =)

The nominees for Worst Supporting Actress Include:

Carmen Electra, Disaster Movie and Meet the Spartans    
Paris Hilton, Repo: The Genetic Opera    
Kim Kardashian, Disaster Movie    
Jenny McCarthy, Witless Protection    
Leelee Sobieski, 88 Minutes and In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale

Only saw 88 minutes out of these. Leelee Sobieski was pretty brutal in that though. It was hard to watch.

The nominees for Worst Screen Couple Include:

Uwe Boll and Any Actor, Camera or Screenplay    
Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher, What Happens in Vegas    
Paris Hilton and either Christin Lakin or Joel David Moore, The Hottie and the Nottie Larry the Cable Guy and Jenny McCarthy, Witless Protection    
Eddie Murphy and Eddie Murphy, Meet Dave

Wow, look at this Uwe Boll guy racking up the nominations, lol. I didn't see any of these...maybe I should see more movies? Well...maybe not ;).


The nominees for Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off, or Sequel Include:


The Day the Earth Stood Still
Disaster Movie and Meet the Spartans    
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull    
Speed Racer    
Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Yeah, what was up with The Day The Earth Stood Still?! The original was so good! Oh, and don't even get me started on Indiana Jones...lol ;)

The nominees for Worst Director Include:

Uwe Boll, 1968: Tunnel Rats, In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale and Uwe Boll's Postal    
Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, Disaster Movie and Meet the Spartans    
Tom Putnam, The Hottie and the Nottie    
Marco Schnabel, The Love Guru    
M. Night Shyamalan, The Happening

Wow. Yeah, I don't know about Shyamalan being the worst director. Hmm...


The nominees for Worst Screenplay Include:


Disaster Movie and Meet the Spartans    
The Happening    
The Hottie and the Nottie    
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale    
The Love Guru

Only saw The Happening...I didn't find it to be all that bad.


Worst Career Achievement:


Uwe Boll

This is hilarious! Poor guy. I read somewhere that he is “Germany’s answer to Ed Wood”. That’s an amazing statement. But hey, at least he will be able to say he's an award winner! LOL ;)

Don't forget to check out all the Razzi winners February 21, 2009. Yes, the day before the Academy Awards.

Happy viewing everyone! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment