Friday, February 13, 2009

Bride Wars Review...

Bride Wars

Yes, yes...I saw Bride Wars...and you know what? It was actually better then I thought.

While it looked to me to be a film simply with two characters fighting the whole time, it was actually a sweet story with some very funny lines.

Was it the greatest film I have ever witnessed? No. But I was entertained for the hour and a half length.

Although the title gives it away, the film is about these two life-long friends who have both been dreaming of marriage since childhood. They grow up, each have careers, nice boyfriends, but...still no wedding.

This all changes, however, after Liv (Kate Hudson) finds a Tiffany Box the size of an engagement ring in her closet. This box actually sparks some really funny moments, and I will agree that I loved the proposal scene with Liv and her fiance.

Needless to say, the two girls get engaged, get their dream wedding planner, and think they have scored their perfect wedding locations for their June weddings. But, as movies do need conflicts, the dates for their June weddings have accidentally been scheduled for the same day. One of them will either have to choose a different venue, or a later date.

Chaos emerges as the two fight for that June wedding date.

The film is a sweet little escape, but that's about it. Both Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway are very fun to watch. I especially loved the whole International Butter Club thing..."So, you sit around and eat sticks of butter from other countries?" Haha...wow.

I give the film a 6/10. It is rated PG and runs 89 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment